Saturday, February 12, 2011

Southern living

We came to Charleston just because. Dad wanted to see South Carolina and Mom though Charleston sounded the most Carolina-y. This is the coolest city that we've visited and we might come back to explore more.
Dad and I and the USS Yorktown.
The moon over church yard.
Stout or pale ale?
Approaching Fort Sumter.
The casement was filled with sand after the Civil War to strengthen the walls which covered and protected the cannons.
I'm sleeping through yet another historic site.
These grave stones are 250 years old.  I'm not sure why the Rev. has the kids with the hour glass and skull but there were several other stones with those symbols.  His wife's stone is a lot smaller with a much shorter story of her life.
The graveyard of the graveyard.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jack! Glad to see you taking your parents to such nice places...can't wait to see where you go next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jack. You should go back to Charleston in mid March when your Uncle Glenn, Aunt Sonja and cousins are there. We'd love it if you'd show us the town :)

    ReplyDelete